Abuse by supervisor

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: New York

I have been a victim of a considerable amount of emotional abuse by a direct supervisor. I am not allowed to talk to HR or have them talk to me without his expressed permission and review of all materials to be discussed. Also, he has made me cry and cause marked stress both on and off the job on several occasions. Do I have a case? I do not have money to pay for a lawyer -- how do I proceed?


You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...tryspeaking to a higher level of management about the issue; they may override the other managers.
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.