References in periodicals archive ?
Critique: Comprised of ten erudite, informative, thoughtful and thought-provoking essays, "Partners for Preservation: Advancing digital preservation through cross-community collaboration" is especially and unreservedly recommended to the attention of professional archivists and others responsible for digital preservation, as well as students of archival studies and digital preservation.
Archivist Philip Astley said he "could not believe" the number of different records found in the harbour's basement.
Josef related to the archivists that his father had been shocked by the return of all the letters, knowing that each comment on each envelope signaled the end of that community.
Archivists may have their roots in the theories of Muller, Feith, and Fruin, but there have been several theorists to improve and refine the profession.
When Perry announced he would house his archives at the state library, archivists had less than a year to determine a digital solution before he left office in January 2015.
The Augustinian friar added that while archiving is not yet seen as a profession in the country, and with colleges and universities not yet offering archiving as a program in higher education, there is a need to update the skills of Filipino archivists to make them dovetail with the trends in archival management through conferences and workshops offered by international professional organizations.
Readers should note that much of this book is written for archivists working in a collecting institution, like a college or university archives or a historical society, and is much less directed at institutional or government archives.
The brief section on postmodernism in archives, for example, only makes vague references to Derrida's Archive Fever (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996) and simply states that "archivists have become aware that their duties of appraisal, arrangement, description, and preservation play an intrinsic role in determining whose history is remembered and how it is written" (p.
On Wednesday, the university released what it called an "outline" of what transpired when the professor asked for the documents in November, the archivists provided them in December - and when UO administrators discovered in January that the documents had been released.
Elen Simpson, Archivist, said: "Public demand for this important collection has made is a top priority for cataloguing hence our decision to apply for a grant from the National Cataloguing Grants Programme for Archives once again this year - and thankfully, this time, we were successful.
Legal browser ?
- Aquae haustus
- Aquae immittendae
- Aquatic rights
- Arbitrament and award
- Arbitrary punishments
- Arbitrium est judicium
- Arbor consanguinitatis
- Arches court
- Architect of the Capitol
- Arctic, Legal Status of
- Argentum album
- Argument list
- Argumentum a divisione est fortissimum in jure
- Argumentum a majori ad minus negative non valet; valet e converso
- Argumentum a simili valet in lege
- Argumentum ab authoritate est fortissimum in lege
- Argumentum ab impossibili plurmum valet in lege
- Argumentum ab inconvenienti
- Arm of the sea
- armed response vehicle
- Armed robbery in Vietnam
Full browser ?
- Archives of Traditional Music
- Archives Office of New South Wales
- Archives Rare Books
- Archives Recherches Cultures Lesbiennes
- Archives Records Information Access System
- Archives Union List of Ontario project
- Archives, Personal Papers and Manuscripts
- Archives, Records and Information Management
- archiving program
- Archiving Tool for Kde
- Archiving, Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Archivio Collettivo Nazionale delle Pubblicazioni Periodiche
- Archivio Diaristico Nazionale
- Archivio Etnico Linguistico-Musicale
- Archivio Fotografico della Regione Toscana
- Archivio Italiano Tradizione Epistolare in Rete
- Archivio Ligure di Scrittura Popolare
- Archivio Nazionale Cinematografico della Resistenza
- Archivio Nazionale Leghe Fantacalcio
- Archivio Segreto Vaticano
- Archivist of the United States
- Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences
- Archivists for Congregations of Women Religious
- Archivists Round Table
- Archivo de Identificación de Animales de Compañía
- Archivo de las Lenguas Indígenas de Latinoamérica
- Archivo Eclesiastico Metropolitano
- Archivo General de Centro América
- Archivo General de la Administración
- Archivo Histórico de la Policía Nacional
- Archivo Histórico Nacional
- Archivo Internazionale di Etnografia e Preistoria
- Archivo Nacional de Costa Rica
- Archivum Historicum Societatis Iesu
- Archivum Romanum Societatis Iesu
- Archiwum Glowne Akt Dawnych
- Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski
- Archiwum Polskiej Akademii Nauk
- ArchLinux Build System