Arrest for underage consumption of alcohol

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Pennsylvania

I am 19 years old, and was arrested for underage consumption of alcohol. Because I was very intoxicated, I do not remember much of the event. Initially, I gave the officer the middle finger and started running; I Then stopped and was fully cooperative. How will these actions affect my Court hearing? Should I get a lawyer? What will my penalty be? How large of a fine, how much community service?


Yes--Make sure you get counsel (or at least the public defender) to try to keep this off your record eventually----having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record will make job-hunting etc. very difficult. Often this will simply be negotiated down to a minor offense and your record will be sealed etc.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.