Arrested for agrravated assault, not guilty

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Arkansas

I was arrested in Arkansas in February 2005 for the crime of aggravated assault, a felony, which I did not commit. The charge was dismissed by the court in August 2005 because of a lack of evidence. My question is, How long do I have to wait before I get the arrest record expunged since the charges were dismissed? And, what is the procedure for getting the record expunged?


You may as a first step call the clerk of the court that was involved to see if it is possible to have it sealed, expunged, cleared etc. The clerk wil normally know, and will often help direct you if it is indeed possible.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.