Attempted forgery, expunction

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Washington

In 1999 I was convicted of attempted forgery. It was a non felony. It is the only thing on my record. I've had the same job for 5 years and quit. I'm now looking for employment and I'm being turned down because of his. Is there any way to get this sealed or expunged off my record for background checks?


You may as a first step call the clerk of the court that was involved to see if it is possible to have it sealed, expunged, cleared etc. The clerk will normally know, and will often help direct you if it is indeed possible.