Boyfriend injured at home

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Massachusetts

I own a two family home. My boyfriend, who lives with me, fell 18 feet off the roof onto the concrete driveway. He has a shattered heel and may require surgery. The orthopedic surgeon has informed him he may not be able to work for 13 months, and he may even have to find a new job field. He is a steel inspector in the construction industry. According to two specialists, he will more than likely have a limp. Can he sue my homeowners policy for damages and pain and suffering? Is there any type of personal injury claim here?


He can sue you and the insurer yes...there may be some defenses available tot he insurer however...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.