Can embezzlement charges settle?

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Mississippi

I have been charged with embezzlement from a former employer of $9,000.00. I was arrested the other day and told of these charges. I was wondering if I could go to this person and ask if there is some way to work this out without going to court? If he said that we could is there anyway to get the charges off my record?


The state could still prosecute but often it will be dropped if that is worth trying--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.