References in periodicals archive ?
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a bill of rights--a statement of rights and freedoms that was added to the Constitution in 1982.
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society (Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, 1982).
In its initial judgments under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Supreme Court of Canada respected the postwar structure of rights protection embedded in its first provision and began to work out the requisite rules of interpretation, legal presumptions, and conceptions of institutional roles.
46) This constitutional landscape would change dramatically with the patriation of the Constitution and the promulgation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Canada's Supreme Court ruled that the Alberta legislature violated the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms when it failed to include "sexual orientation" in the categories protected by the province's anti-discrimination statute.
Its aim is to provide the Canadian judiciary with information on foreign experience when it is called upon to apply and interpret the new Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which came into force in 1982, together with the Constitution Act.
Seven Canadian academics and journalists contribute seven diverse essays exploring the conflict between equality rights, as embedded in the 1982 Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and multiculturalism as policy and practice.
Moreover, the Canadian judiciary, through its "reading into" the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms rights unforeseen by its drafters, has advanced the recreational concept of sex.
Her appeal went to the Supreme Court after the Federal Court of Appeal rejected her contention that the rule violates the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms because it makes it harder for women who are child caregivers to accumulate the hours they need to qualify for EI.
How might the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms ("Charter") apply to the Occupy Movement?
In the preface to his new book, Against Judicial Activism, published this spring by McGill-Queen's University Press, Leishman forthrightly confesses that in 1981, "I was one of the more enthusiastic supporters of the proposed Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
THOMAS -- Parents' rights under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms were not violated and the actions of child welfare workers were lawful says Ontario Superior Court Justice Eleanor Schnall in the highly publicized case between Family and Children's Services of St.
Legal browser ?
- Campbell, Ben Nighthorse
- Campbell, John
- Campbell, John Archibald
- Campbell, William Joseph
- Can a 16 year old move out of state with an 18 year old fiance?
- Can a bondsman make you pay the remainder of a bond?
- Can a company name the same item on credit report twice?
- Can a judge change a written contract between parties?
- Can a public citizen access murder transcripts?
- Can a restraining order be cancelled by filing a motion?
- Can a special education student be arrested at school?
- Can defendant sue attorney
- Can embezzlement charges settle?
- Can evidence found by accident be used?
- Can foreigner buy New York apartment
- can mother access child's house
- Can mother stop hospital visits of fathers's kids
- can one person serve time for another?
- Can parties settle car accident themselves?
- Can still be prosecuted for writing checks after bankruptcy?
- Can students be denied housing
- can suit be brought in international court
- Can wife beb taken off deed
- Canada and the United States
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- cancel a punishment
- cancel an offense
- Cancel contract with lawyer?
- cancel debts
- Cancel lease after signing
- cancel modelling contract
- cancel out
- Cancellaria curia
- cancellation of a legacy
- Cancellation of an Instrument
- candidate under consideration
Full browser ?
- Canadian Centre for South Asian Studies
- Canadian Centre for Sustainable Agriculture Inc
- Canadian Centre for Swine Improvement
- Canadian Centre for the Visual Arts
- Canadian Centre for Unmanned Vehicle Systems
- Canadian Centre for Vaccinology
- Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Canadian Centre for Worship Studies
- Canadian Centre of Intelligence and Security Studies
- Canadian Centre of Sport Excellence
- Canadian Centre on Disability Studies
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association
- Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies
- Canadian Certified Environmental Practitioner
- Canadian Certified Insurance Broker
- Canadian Certified Interior Decorator's Association
- Canadian Certified Parking Facility Manager
- Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist
- Canadian Certified Reference Materials Project
- Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Canadian Cervid Alliance
- Canadian Chamber Ensemble
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hungary
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Korea
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- Canadian Charity Hockey Organization
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Canadian Chartered Institute of Business Administration
- Canadian Checker Association
- Canadian Chemical Producers' Association
- Canadian Chemistry and Physics Olympiads
- Canadian Chicken Marketing Agency
- Canadian Child & Youth Health Coalition
- Canadian Child Care Federation
- Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program
- Canadian Child Tax Benefit
- Canadian Children's Literature
- Canadian Children's Museum
- Canadian Children's Opera Chorus
- Canadian Children's Rights Council
- Canadian Chinese Alliance Churches Association
- Canadian Chinese Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Association
- Canadian Chinese Kuo Shu Federation
- Canadian Chinese Table Tennis Association
- Canadian Chinese Table Tennis Federation
- Canadian Chinese Youth Athletic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board
- Canadian Chiropractic Historical Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Research Foundation
- Canadian Chiropractic Resources Databank
- Canadian Christian Addiction Ministry Providers
- Canadian Christian Business Federation
- Canadian Christian Educators' Association
- Canadian Christian Relief and Development Association
- Canadian Churches for Justice and Peace