Cancel lease after signing

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Alabama

I just gave a security deposit for an apartment. I haven't signed a form for lease, but I did sign a form allowing a credit check. (Which was approved) Since then (yesterday) I have since found out that I may need to move to another city for a job opportunity. Can I get the deposit back?


Normally if you inform them immediately you can get it back since they have no damages--you may even sue in small claims if need be--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.