Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Professor Persily: Let's turn back to what was happening in Miami and the canvassing board. And this was I guess--I'm trying to get the dates right--about two weeks after, I guess, the initial election, was it?
"Visiting statesmen" from both parties descended on the three Southern states in question during the weeks that followed, to witness the tabulation of the vote by the state canvassing boards, which for all three states were in Republican hands, and perhaps to find a way to influence the outcome.
Rather, he uses it to undermine the Florida Supreme Court's interpretation of the appropriate standard of review of canvassing board decisions not to recount ballots.
The protest procedure for all of these offices, however, requires that candidates challenge the vote tallies before the relevant county canvassing board.(92) Even in a statewide election, there is no procedure for protesting a statewide vote tally unless one files separately in every county in the state.
A monitor in Miami-Dade County testified at trial that he observed that three members of the county canvassing board applied different standards in defining a legal vote....
Mapanoo, who is seating as vice chairman of the canvassing board, said the district representatives and board members who have been proclaimed are from 1st District (comprising Kawit, Noveleta, Rosario and Cavite), 2nd District (Bacoor) and 5th District (Carmona, Silang and General Mariano Alvarez (GMA) or CarSiGMA).
(166) ("the Manual Recount Statute") create an unconstitutional two-tiered system for counting votes by allowing a candidate to seek, and by allowing a county canvassing board the absolute discretion to grant, manual recounts to reconstruct "undervotes" only in heavily populated counties where the candidate received a disproportionate share of the vote, thus diluting and debasing the vote of those who voted in counties that favored the candidate's opponent where no manual recount would be conducted.
The results will be announced by the Sarangani Provincial Canvassing Board, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) said.
And the same House staffers who stormed the canvassing board to stop the recount in Miami-Dade are now storming into the administration.
She refused to extend the deadline to allow time for the manual recounts requested by the Gore campaign, refused requests by Broward and Palm Beach counties to have their manual recount results included in the statewide certification after the deadline, issued a ruling questioning the legality of such recounts that temporarily delayed them from proceeding, and refused to grant an extra two hours to Palm Beach County to meet the extended deadline of November 26 mandated by the Florida Supreme Court, or to include any of the recount results the Palm Beach canvassing board had achieved so far.
They did, however, think that the Republicans owed them one on the recount, and thus were emboldened to pressure canvassing board officials in Broward and Miami-Dade counties to run a hand recount that paid ever-greater homage to dimpled chads.
In fact, Herald editors had been preparing for this moment since the day before Thanksgiving, when the Miami-Dade canvassing board voted to forgo a hand count.
Legal browser ?
- Can students be denied housing
- can suit be brought in international court
- Can wife beb taken off deed
- Canada and the United States
- Cancel contract with lawyer?
- Cancel lease after signing
- cancel modelling contract
- Cancellaria curia
- Cancellation of an Instrument
- Cannon shot
- cannot pay rent
- cannot pay ticket, no money
- canon law
- Canon Law Society of America
- Canons of Construction
- Canons of Ethics
- Canvassing Board
- Capax doli
- Capias ad audiendum judicium
- Capias ad computandum
- Capias ad respondendum
- Capias ad satisfaciendum
- Capias in withernam
- Capias pro fine
- Capias utlagatum english practice
- capital account
- capital allowances
- Capital Asset
- capital assets
- capital clause
- Capital crime
- capital expenditure
- capital gains or losses
Full browser ?
- Canvasser Recruiter
- Canvassing Board
- Canvey Island Football Club
- Canvey Island Independent Party
- CanWest Global Communications Corp.
- CanWest MediaWorks, Inc.
- CanWest News Service
- Canyon Bass Club of San Marcos
- canyon bench
- Canyon Country Ecosystems Research Site
- Canyon Country Little League
- Canyon County
- Canyon County, ID
- Canyon County, Idaho