Car seller failed with title

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I bought a vehicle from a man and traded my car plus 600 dollars. He gave me an unsigned title which had been notarized. I was unable to get the title and car put in my name because of this. In the meantime he had his father in law go get a salvaged title and then had him register the car. then came to my house with the police and they made me give him the car back. What do I do or who do I call? Isn't this fraud? he knew I would have problems with the unsigned title even though it was notarized.


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.