Charged with crime, did not commit

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Colorado

I was charged with a crime I didn't commit. I was told by the attorney I had at the time all my witnesses had betrayed me and lied to me about the sentences that were to follow a plea. I was lead into it and found out that I was in the worst and most sever probation in the state. I was not even allowed to go to two family members funerals. I withdrew my plea and was granted a new trail on ineffective assistance of council. A month later the case was dropped for the interest of justice. I want to know if I can charge my former attorney with a crime and if I can sue her for financial damages that occurred due to the time I was in probation.


You could possibly yes--you may want to first report her tot he Bar and ask that her license be reviewed.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.