Mentioned in ?
- Armed Services
- Associate Justice
- Association of Chief Police Officers
- Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
- Atkins v. Virginia
- Bird, Rose Elizabeth
- Brief for Petitioner
- Browning, James Robert
- Burger, Warren Earl
- Business Roundtable
- Cameras in Court
- Campbell, John
- Case in Chief
- Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge
References in periodicals archive ?
The third important historical fact I would like to inform Sudanese on both sides of the two republics is that the Twic Dinka of Ajak Kuac, was carved out from Ngok Dinka land aka Abyei area and annexed to Twic Chiefdoms by the British authorities in response to Uncle Bona Malual father Sultan Madut Ring request for reasons beyond this narrative.
Xhosa leaders exhorted their countrymen to cease raiding from the British and British-allied chiefdoms, recognizing that such actions were viewed as illicit and aggressive, and would provoke retaliation (Peires 1981: 61-3, 81).
Having once formed the backbone of the mighty Algonquian-speaking Powhatan Chiefdom, the Pamunkeys now numbered fewer than two hundred warriors and had lived in a state of dependence and subjection to the Virginia government since the end of the Anglo-Powhatan Wars in 1646.
A chiefdom is "an autonomous political unit comprising a number of villages or communities under the permanent control of a paramount chief." (2) The paramount chief is assisted in the administration of the chiefdom by sub-chiefs, village councilors, noblemen, and probably a council of elders.
Much of the data used for defining the stratification of Polynesian chiefdoms were data collected from c.
Finally, Keegan comes full circle by pointing out a unique characteristic of the avunculocal chiefdom: "At each succession a stranger king arises, because the sisters of the cacique in one village are married to caciques in other villages in order to cement alliances" (p.
Men already identified as chiefs or paramounts represented to the state their claims to rule over their respective chiefdoms or tribes.
Raiding, Trading, and Feasting: The Political Economy of Philippine Chiefdoms
As chiefdoms and states emerge, though, and villages lose their autonomy, a higher rate of structural elaboration may be required to keep these larger societies unified.
Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South's Ancient Chiefdoms, by Charles Hudson.
Although he argues that there is little evidence with which to reconstruct the central organization of the reign of Saul, he has sufficient confidence in the historical veracity of the text to suggest that Ishbaal and Saul presided over regional chiefdoms. He focuses on the development of royal officials, royal building programmes, judicial and cult organization, and economic and political structures, concluding that earlier periods ought to be described as various stages of development from stratified society and chiefdom to state formation.
Legal browser ?
- Chase, Salmon Portland
- Chase, Samuel
- chattel mortgage
- Chattel Paper
- Chávez, César Estrada
- Check book
- Check cashed illegally
- check cashing business, jail
- checks cashed, who is liable
- Chemistry med
- Cherokee Cases
- Chessman, Caryl
- Chicago Eight
- Chicago Jury Project
- Chicago School
- Chief clerk of the department of state
- chief justice
- Chief justiciary
- Child Abuse
- child and parent insurance issue
- Child Care
- Child Custody
- child forced to attend school
- Child Labor Laws
- Child Pornography
- child support
- Child Support Agency
- child support officer
- child trust fund
- Children at daughters school starting rumors
- Children's Commissioner for Wales
- Children's Defense Fund
- children's hearing
- Children's Rights
- Chilling Effect Doctrine
- Chiltern Hundreds
- Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- Chinese interest
- Chipman, Daniel
Full browser ?
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Army Reserve Decision Support System
- Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- Chief, Bureau of Naval Personnel
- Chief, Bureau of Ordnance
- Chief, Bureau of Ships
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee
- chiefs of state