Class A misdemeanor purged from record?

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Illinois

I am going in to end a 2 year supervision for a class A misdemeanor (theft under $300.00). I have no other criminal record, not even a traffic violation. Can I ask for this to be purged from my record? I heard some states will allow this. Does Illinois? (yes, I followed all requirements)


You may as a first step call the clerk of the court that was involved to see if it is possible to have it sealed, expunged, cleared etc. The clerk will normally know, and will often help direct you if it is indeed possible.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.