Convicted of criminal domestic violence

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: South Carolina

I was convicted of criminal domestic violence in 2000. unfortunately, i did not hire an attorney and did not understand the gravity of the charge. is there a way to have this expunged or sealed? it is a part of the past i would like to correct.


You may as a first step call the clerk of the court that was involved to see if it is possible to have it sealed, expunged, cleared etc. The clerk will normally know, and will often help direct you if it is indeed possible.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.