Credit counseling service, looking for legal advice

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: New Jersey

I'm currently enrolled in a credit counseling service (since March, 2004) I recently went on disability and contacted the counseling service to stop the automatic debit payments since I'm only receiving just over half may regular salary. They told me to look in the classifieds for free legal advice/assistance or the account will go to a collections bureau and interest will be about 25%! Hope you can help. The counseling service is called Debt Serve out of Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.


We are not sure what you mean--the debt counselors told you that? You can always change their instructions as it is voluntary.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?