References in periodicals archive ?
Ian Kenyon, Birmingham Adele is a half-decent singer but her songs are pretty much all dirges about breaking up with her blokes.
He took sayings, funeral dirges or wedding celebrations, and put them into English, in a well-worked manner,'' said Diawara, a professor at New York University, where he heads the Institute of Afro-American Affairs.
On Sunday, a Weibo (China's microblog) user in one of China's biggest cities reported that it seemed someone had passed away in a street nearby, because funeral dirges were played early that morning.
This powerful bracelet leads her to Callum - a Dirge, a ghostly figure who is locked in a halflife/half-death existence in St Paul's Cathedral with fellow tortured souls.
Mourning: Dirges are an integral part of funerals for the Akpafu of southeastern Ghana.
The setlist of dreary dirges and creaky rhythm and blues is obviously intended to rival Johnny Cash's stark recordings with studio svengali Rick Rubin but doesn't hold up, despite songs including Bob Dylan's What Good Am I, John Lee Hooker's Burning Hell and Billy Joe Shaver's If I Give My Soul.
He concentrates on two genres he finds more accessible than others: laments and dirges, and the work of the outlaw poets.
AUTHOR Alexander Solzhenitsyn was buried in a Russian Orthodox ceremony that included goose-stepping honour guards and a religious choir singing dirges.
Given the choice, I would far rather see Quo than listen to maudlin dirges from Coldplay, Embrace or Athlete.
More problematic still is the fact that the songs are hookless, almost indistinguishable dirges, resulting in a work with limited cult appeal rather than a bona fide hit.
It's got some of the best bands from the city (Functional Blackouts, White+Outs, Baseball Furies, Tyrades) and some up and comers (Vee Dee, Hot Machines, The Dirges, and more).
All this week, the channel everyone forgot dumped those subtitled Polish dirges and gave us a fascinating season of football.
Legal browser ?
- directing agency
- directing head
- directing power
- direction post
- direction to imprison
- directly affected by the outcome of a controversy
- directly after
- Director of Consumer Affairs
- Director of Public Prosecutions
- Director of the mint
- Dirimant impediments
- disability discrimination
- Disability payments
- Disability Rights Commission
- disaccord with
Full browser ?
- Diretoria de Patentes
- Diretoria de Tecnologia
- Diretorio Academico
- Diretório Acadêmico Alfredo Balena
- Diretório Acadêmico Getulio Vargas
- Diretorio Central Dos Estudantes
- Direttore Servizi Generali Amministrativi
- Direttore Tecnico Regionale Aerobica
- Direzione Centrale per i Servizi Antidroga
- Direzione del Diritto Internazionale Pubblico
- Direzione Generale Affari Economici
- Direzione Generale Affari Politici
- Direzione Generale dell'Energia e delle Risorse Minerarie
- Direzione Generale Integrazione Europea
- Direzione Investigativa Antimafia
- Direzione Provinciale Servizi Vari
- Dirichlet box principle
- Dirichlet character
- Dirichlet conditions
- Dirichlet domain
- Dirichlet drawer principle
- Dirichlet Free-Form Deformation
- Dirichlet integral
- Dirichlet Integrals
- Dirichlet principle
- Dirichlet problem
- Dirichlet Problems
- Dirichlet series
- Dirichlet tesselation