Mentioned in ?
- "The Civil Rights Cases"
- Administrative Court
- Administrative Office of the United States Courts
- Admiralty Court
- Agriculture Department
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Bureau of
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- Anti-Defamation League
- antitrust law
- antitrust laws
- Appendix to Appellants' Briefs
- Argumentum a divisione est fortissimum in jure
- Benefit of division
- Bird, Rose Elizabeth
- Brookings Institution
- Browning, James Robert
References in classic literature ?
As far as one can make out, not so much from this unintelligible sentence as from the attempts the vice-King made to execute the orders given him, he was to advance from the left through Borodino to the redoubt while the divisions of Morand and Gerard were to advance simultaneously from the front.
After passing through Borodino the vice-King was driven back to the Kolocha and could get no farther; while the divisions of Morand and Gerard did not take the redoubt but were driven back, and the redoubt was only taken at the end of the battle by the cavalry (a thing probably unforeseen and not heard of by Napoleon).
To a proposal made by General Campan (who was to attack the fleches) to lead his division through the woods, Napoleon agreed, though the so-called Duke of Elchingen (Ney) ventured to remark that a movement through the woods was dangerous and might disorder the division.
The sharpshooters of Morand's division and of the vice-King's division will open a heavy fire on seeing the attack commence on the right wing.
Division was inextricably bemingled with division; friend and foe formed a jumbled confusion of fighting, cursing chaos, over which whipped the angry pennons and banners of England's noblest houses.
Perhaps an exact description of Monsieur de la Billardiere's division will suffice to give foreigners and provincials an idea of the internal manners and customs of a government office; the chief features of which are probably much the same in the civil service of all European governments.
In the first place, picture to yourself the man who is thus described in the Yearly Register:-- "Chief of Division.--Monsieur la baron Flamet de la Billardiere (Athanase-Jean-Francois-Michel) formerly provost-marshal of the department of the Correze, gentleman in ordinary of the bed- chamber, president of the college of the department of the Dordogne, officer of the Legion of honor, knight of Saint Louis and of the foreign orders of Christ, Isabella, Saint Wladimir, etc., member of the Academy of Gers, and other learned bodies, vice-president of the Society of Belles-lettres, member of the Association of Saint-Joseph and of the Society of Prisons, one of the mayors of Paris, etc."
La Billardiere's division occupied the upper floor of a magnificent mansion, in which the vast official ocean of a ministry was contained.
You have gone up in the air and are arranging a division between the kind of men that ought to be but are not.
"Yes, they're quarrelling over the division of the earnings of the street railways."
I was absent from Baltimore, for the purpose of valuation and division, just about one month, and it seemed to have been six.
It, however, was not so severe as the one I dreaded at the division of property; for, during this interval, a great change had taken place in Master Hugh and his once kind and affectionate wife.
Legal browser ?
- District and Prosecuting Attorneys
- district attorney
- District attorneys of the united states
- district court
- District of Columbia
- Disturbance of Public Meetings
- Disturbance of the Peace
- Diversity of Citizenship
- Divinatio non interpretatio est
- Divine Right of Kings
- Division of assets
- Division of opinion
- divisional court
- Divorce after green card
- Divorce in japan, US citizen
- Dix, Dorothea Lynde
- Dixon, Julian Carey
- DNA Evidence
- Do you need an atty is a party is contesting an order of protection
- dock brief
- Doctors commons
- Doctrine of Equality of States
- document of title
- documentary evidence
- Doe, Charles
- Dog bite 4 yrs ago, can prohibit person from having dog?
- dog control order
- dog fouling
- dog handler
- Dog ran into truck, driver demanding money
Full browser ?
- Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee
- Divisional Secretariat
- Divisional Secretariats
- Divisional Senior Vice President
- Divisional Staff Relations Representative
- Divisional Supply Column
- Divisional Support Group
- Divisional Temporary Detention Facility
- Divisional Veterinary Manager
- Divisional Vision Action Team
- Divisione della Formazione Professionale
- divisiones anteriores plexus brachialis
- divisiones posteriores plexus brachialis
- Divisioni Investigazioni Generali e Operazioni Speciali
- Divisions Cuirassées
- Divisions de Police Judiciaire
- Divisions Exercise
- Divisions of General Practice Program
- Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Divisions of the Executive Branch
- Divisions of the Executive Branch
- Divisions of the world in Islam
- Divison of Clinical Laboratory Devices
- Divison of Small Manufacturers, International and Consumer Assistance
- Divisor function
- Divisor Latch Access Bit
- divisor of zero
- Divisoria Mall
- Divizia Hasiacich Pristrojov