Domestic violence, drop charges

Ask a Lawyer


Country: Canada
State: All States/Provinces

My boyfriend is being charged by the police for assaulting me... how do I drop the charges... I know that it has to go through crown council.. but in not sure the best way to proceed...


Try speaking to the prosecution/crown counsel---they have the right to continue to pursue the case on their own (even if you don't want them to) but if they feel this was a one-time incident and will never happen again--they may drop it; they want to make sure no abuse is continuing once you two are back together--
Full browser ?