Father is incompetent

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

Essentially, my father is a very 'feeble' old man, lives alone, so restricted in movement that he has problems just taking care of himself personally. Include driving, and it's clear that he can be a danger to himself as well as the community around him. The problem is that he refuses to recognize this and has avoided any effort to get elder assistance from State or charity services. He lives in California. Is there any way to legally force him to take assistance? Is there a State service or function that could assess his situation and take appropriate action?


Social services can help you to get a court to declare him incompetent...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.