Friend arrested, cannot afford attorney

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Arkansas

I have a friend who was arrested and jailed in July of this year for criminal mischief. He was on probation for shoplifting when he was arrested. As of this date, he has not gone before the judge and there has been no revocation of probation filed but they still have a hold on him until January 22, 2006 for violation of his probation. Also, the only evidence they have for the criminal mischief is he ran from the police officers as they drove up and there was a broken window in a beauty shop.No witnesses. He was appointed a public defender but he is never in his office.The family cannot afford to pay a private attorney. What would you recommend?


If you were married legally you can divorce; otherwise it would normally be handled as any partnership break-up.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.