Health issue with lease premises

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Alabama

I am currently under a one year lease and have been there for 6 months now. Since I have moved into this house I have been constantly sick with allergies, asthma and sinus problems. I 'vex told my landlord about the issue of every time I walk into the house my asthma will start and I 'all be better outside the house and nothing was said. I suggested there might be some mold where the AC over-flow valve had leaked when we first moved in. Also the carpet has been there since it was first built which the house is app. 25-30 years old and I think that could also be a problem. I don't want to stay in this house because it is affecting my work and personal life. I don't have health insurance so I don't go to the doctor every time I should. Is there something I can do legally to get out of this lease?


It is permitted to break the lease if they have failed to comply with the lease and/or there are health or safety concerns--but save all information, evidence etc. in case they dispute the situation and try to take you to small claims court.You may want to have an inspector confirm the problem first--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?