Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The ICJ ruled that the obligation set out in Article 36 of the 1975 Statue requires the Parties to adopt the specific conduct of coordinating necessary measures to avoid changing the ecological balance of the river through CARU.
7) By becoming a party to the Optional Protocol, a state that is already a party to the VCCR gains jurisdiction in the ICJ to sue any other state party for any violation of the VCCR, but at the same time, such a state opens itself up to being sued by other states party to the VCCR for any violation of the VCCR.
The candidates for the election of Judges of the ICJ are nominated by the national groups of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), which was established under the 1907 Hague Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes (Article 4 of the Statute of the ICJ).
An official said: 'Pakistan will submit the updated details of the Jadhav case in the ICJ by the deadline [July 17].
Earlier, New Delhi sought time to file an additional memorial at the ICJ.
India then moved the ICJ to give it six months to file pleadings in the case, which the United Nations' judicial organ had turned down in June this year.
On May 18, the ICJ through an interim order had stayed Jadhav's execution after which the Foreign Office communicated to the ICJ that the government of Pakistan had instructed its all relevant departments to give effect to the order of the world court.
Greenwood had served one nine-year term at the ICJ based in The Hague and was seeking to serve a second.
On his part, Minister Al-Azab said he was honored to visit the ICJ and meet with its Vice-President.
If India could knock the doors of ICJ for the release of its spy then why not Pakistan could approach the court to seek justice for the Kashmiri people, he added.
Radio Pakistan, a state- run broadcaster, on Sunday reported a top Pakistani politician as saying that the Pakistani government and the army will ' jointly' fight India's ICJ petition on the Jadhav death sentence.
Summary: Experts believe that Pakistan should honour the decision of ICJ
Legal browser ?
- Hypothetical Question
- hysterical state
- i e
- i. e.
- Ictus orbis
- icy aloofness
- Id certum est quod certum reddi potest
- Id perfectum est quod ex omnibus suis partibus constat
- Id possumus quod de jure possumus
- Id quod nostrum est
- idea conveyed
- ideal justice
- idée fixe
- Idem agens et patiens esse non potest
- Idem est facere
- Idem est nihil dicere et insufficienter dicere
- Idem est non probari et non esse; non deficit jus
Full browser ?