Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The lawyer said that Pakistan can approach the ICJ under the Genocide Convention of 1948 to which both the south Asian nations are signatories.
Speaking in New Delhi, Indian foreign ministry spokesman Raveesh Kumar had confirmed that they had received the proposal from Pakistan, but said they were evaluating the proposal in the light of the ICJ judgement.
'The government is mulling over taking the Kashmir issue to the ICJ,' he said, declaning to discuss the matter further.
Clearly, India will dispute taking up of Kashmir issue before ICJ. This means India will not agree with Pakistan on taking up the issue to ICJ.
In fact, the ICJ had, in its 42-page order of July 17, rejected the Indian request to set aside the conviction of Jadhav.
After we just lost our case regarding the 'RekoDiq' contract for Pakistan the ICJ verdict is a welcome relief.
In its submissions to the ICJ and rejoinders to the Indian stance, Pakistan maintained that consular access stipulated in the Vienna Convention was not obligatory in such criminal cases and also quoted Agreement on Consular Access dated 21 May 2008 between the two countries which allowed each state to consider a request for consular access on its merit in a case involving national security.
" After the ICJ judgement,India is now formally and officially a sponsor of international terrorism", he remarked.
The Hague-based ICJ Wednesday in its final verdict in Kulbhushan Jadhav case had rejected India's plea for acquittal, release and return of its national who was given death sentence by a Pakistan's military court on charges of espionage and terrorism.
He was speaking to the media after the International Court of Justice (ICJ) announced its verdict in the case.
According to the ICJ, the conviction and sentence of Kulbhushan Jadhav were not to be regarded as a violation of Article 36 of the Vienna Convention.
When Pakistan refused to grant consular access to Jadhav and India felt he was likely to be executed anytime soon, it decided to move the ICJ (International Court of Justice) at The Hague, Netherlands, on May 8, 2017.
Legal browser ?
- Husband and Wife
- husband and wife on mortgage
- Husband died, wife accused of identity theft
- Husband in jail for possession
- Husband taken to jail for outstanding ticket
- Husband tested positive for drugs at work
- hybrid bill
- Hypothetical Question
- i e
- i. e.
- Ictus orbis
- Id certum est quod certum reddi potest
- Id perfectum est quod ex omnibus suis partibus constat
- Id possumus quod de jure possumus
- Id quod nostrum est
- Idem agens et patiens esse non potest
- Idem est facere
- Idem est nihil dicere et insufficienter dicere
- Idem est non probari et non esse; non deficit jus
- Idem est scire aut scire debet aut potuisse
- Idem non esse et non apparet
- Idem semper antecedenti proximo refertur
- Idem sonans
- identification parade
- Identitas vera colligitur ex multitudine signorum
- Identitate nominis
- identity theft
- Idiota inquirendo
- If a student is accused of something, can they see picture evidence?
Full browser ?