J-1 visa, two year rule

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Ohio

I entered USA on J-1 visa with a 2 year rule applicable. I got married to my boy friend of many years who is American citizen. We applied for a 2 year rule waiver and adjustment of status. I found out that getting a waiver is next to impossible. My question is...1)Can we settle in another country for 2 years (we are thinking of Canada)if this is not my home country? 2) Will we have to redo all the paperwork all over again after 2 years? I'd aprecate it if you give us any other legal options in our case.


You can if your government agrees yes--actually the waivers are very often obtained.
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.