Japan, divorce

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Tennessee

I am in the United States Air Force and I am stationed at Yokota Air BaseJapan (Tokyo). My marriage has gone wrong from day one and I want to knowis it possible to divorce and how can I go about doing that.


Yes you can still file in the USA--you may have to make one appearance back in the USA to do so--
References in periodicals archive ?
In Japan, divorce is categorized into four types: (1) divorce by mutual agreement, (2) divorce by arbitrament, (3) divorce by trial, and (4) judicial divorce.
For example, in the largely Buddhist country of Japan, divorce is a civil matter.
Full browser ?