care

(redirected from LTC)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Care

Watchful attention; custody; diligence; concern; caution; as opposed to Negligence or carelessness.

In the law of negligence, the standard of reasonable conduct determines the amount of care to be exercised in a situation. The care taken must be proportional to the apparent risk. As danger increases, commensurate caution must be observed.

Slight care is the care persons of ordinary prudence generally exercise in regard to their personal affairs of minimal importance.

Reasonable care, also known as ordinary care, is the degree of care, diligence, or precaution that may fairly, ordinarily, and properly be expected or required in consideration of the nature of the action, the subject matter, and the surrounding circumstances.

Great care is the degree of care that persons of ordinary prudence usually exercise with respect to their personal affairs of great importance.

Another type of care is that which a fiduciary—a person having a duty, created by his or her undertaking, to act primarily for another's benefit—exercises in regard to valuable possessions entrusted to him or her by another.

care

n. in law, to be attentive, prudent and vigilant. Essentially, care (and careful) means that a person does everything he/she is supposed to do (to prevent an accident). It is the opposite of negligence (and negligent), which makes the responsible person liable for damages to persons injured. If a person "exercises care," a court cannot find him/her responsible for damages from an accident in which he/she is involved. (See: careless)

care

(Be cautious), verb be cautious, be concerned, bear in mind, beware, consider, curare, give heed to, guard, have regard, heed, look out for, mind, pay attention to, protect, take precautions, watch out for, watch over
Associated concepts: care and caution, care and skill, careful, careless, degree of care, due care, extraordinary care, great care, lack of care, ordinary care, slight care, want of care

care

(Regard), verb administer to, attend, attend to, be concerned, be concerned for, become involved, bother, foster, mind, minister to, nurture, pay attention to, serve, supervise, support, sustain, tend, watch over
Associated concepts: care and custody, care and mainteeance, custody or control
See also: administration, agency, aid, alimony, apprehension, assistance, auspices, burden, caution, charge, concern, consideration, constraint, control, custody, direction, discretion, fear, generalship, guidance, heed, help, imprisonment, interest, maintenance, management, notice, particularity, patronage, precaution, preservation, problem, protection, prudence, regard, relief, rigor, safekeeping, shelter, supervision, support, surveillance, trust, upkeep, ward, weight
References in periodicals archive ?
For anyone, talking about LTC risk "is a very emotional discussion," Henderson said.
Advisors who aren't LTC specialists see demand for LTC services growing.
Traditional health-based LTC: Traditional LTC plans continue to be the dominant LTC program sold.
GOLDBERG, CFP, CLU, CHFC, CASL, RHU, IS AN INSURANCE AGENT AND LTC SPECIALIST FOR STRAUS, ITZK0WITZ, AND LECoMPTE Insurance Agency IN RICHMoND, VA.
Therefore, LTC insurers are applying for rate changes that would charge women more than men.
Insurers themselves are not racing to the LTC product laboratory.
They may find a standard LTC product cost-prohibitive when they believe they may need every dollar they have for retirement.
Ordinary health insurance policies and Medicare usually do not pay for LTC expenses.
To report on LTC quality indicators and measures, in order to determine progress in achieving national improvement goals, judge improvement efforts, and assess stakeholders' commitment to improvement
Splash pages are attractive, but they can interfere with a visitor getting to your site and are rarely used in LTC Web sites.
Bob Paulus has built an impressive record of achievement during his tenure at LTC Global, and this is a well deserved promotion," said Richard Pitbladdo, Chief Executive Officer of LTC Global.
As per the agreement, the LPC will develop parking facilities infrastructure for various public service vehicles in the city whereas the revenue which will be generated through this project, the LTC will receive on net 75 percent profit while remaining 25 percent will remain with the LPC.