Live-in moved to VA, refuses to pay

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Minnesota

The man I lived with for 5 years moved to Virginia where we planned to make our home after I graduated grad school. I gave him $15,000 for getting things settled there. He has now told me that he doesn't want to continue the relationship but that he will pay back the money, in monthly allotments of $500.00. He says he is open to signing a legal contract to do this. Is this possible? two different states are now involved and we were never married.


Get him to sign a promissory note; it is binding and easy to sue on in court--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.