Loan under fraudulent pretenses

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Missouri

If I was lead to believe that my boyfriend at the time was going through a divorce and needed money for an attorney, am I entitled to my $1500 back? I recently found out that for 4 months of our 6 month relationship he was lying to me and never getting a divorce.


Yes--it is fraud--Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to his behavior...