Mentally ill sister in law harassing family

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: South Carolina

I have a sister-in-law who is mentally ill and is allowed by the police department in Rock Hill, SC to terrorize my brother with false accusations of domestic violence and all of his immediate family and aunts, cousins, and any relatives anytime she wants to. Yet the police always sides on her side. This has been going on for a long time now because her entire family has been in and out of jail since their teens. They're all a bunch of criminals and mentally ill but still the police department here let's them get away with almost murder. My mother is elderly (in her mid-80's) and this woman has repeatedly called her at 3:00 am and 4:00 am in the morning to harass her. I'm tired of this nonsense and my brother mentioned to me this morning he is tired of it too but he has to work so that his kids can eat and if he's in jail, where he will be if he tries to leave her, he will loose his job. How can I get the police department here investigated. Everybody in town knows what's going on with this crazy, bi-polar woman and they're wondering too how the police department here can side with her on frivolous charges and let her get away with the stuff she's doing.


You may want to first file a complaint with the chief of the dept--the heads of the dept's are required to investigate these kinds of problems and normally will do so--file directly with him or her and do so in writing...if that does not work, let us know.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.