References in periodicals archive ?
Remember, of course, that it was Oftel that promised consumers greater choice by scrapping BT's monopoly.
Chief executive Bill Allan said: "We were extremely concerned and disappointed by the results of the Oftel survey.
Oftel's policy of creating competitive markets for internet access continues to drive the growth in internet access.'
However, he was critical of the way Oftel had managed the switch.
Oftel will switch off all 192 services onAugust 24.
Oftel deputy director general Peter Waller said: ``Some operators already have codes of practice for disconnection in place.
David Edmonds, of Oftel, said the changes would save consumers an estimated pounds 800million over four years.
It currently says that its planned rollout of ADSL later this year, which would offer unmetered net access for fixed monthly fees, will be shelved unless Oftel gives it a three-year monopoly on the technology.
"Oftel's policy of creating competitive markets continues to drive the growth in access.
Oftel goes on to state that both dial-up and broadband Internet access is less expensive in the UK than in other European countries.
Paul Elliott, chief executive of BT Directories, believes there are question marks over Oftel's handling of the switch to 118.
Richard Burden (below), Labour MP for Birmingham Northfield and a member of the Commons Trade and Industry Select Committee, has written to telecommunications watchdog Oftel demanding tougher action to protect the consumer.
Legal browser ?
- Office of Thrift Supervision
- officer of the court
- Officers may not examine the judicial acts of the court
- Officers of the Court
- Officia judicialia non concedantur antequam vacent
- Officia magistratus non debent esse venalia
- Official Gazette
- Official Journal
- official misconduct
- Official Receiver
- Official Referee
- official secrets
- Official Solicitor to the Supreme Court
- Officina justitiae
- officious intermeddler
- Officit conatus si effectus sequatur
- Officium nemini debet esse damnosum
- offshore corporation
- Ogden tables
- Oil delivered to home by mistake, responsible for payment?
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- Old age
- Old natura brevium
- Old tenures
- Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance
- Oleron laws
- Olmstead v. United States
- Olney, Richard
- Omissio eorum quae tacite insunt nihil operatur
- Omne actum ab intentione agentis est judicandum
- Omne crimen ebrietas et incendit et detegit
- Omne magis dignum trahit ad se minus dignum sit antiquius
- Omne magnum exemplum habet aliquid ex iniquio
- Omne majus continet in se minus
- Omne majus minus in se complecitur
Full browser ?
- Ofsted Voluntary Childcare Register
- Oft Gestellte Fragen Und Deren Antworten
- Ofte Stillede Spørgsmål
- often as not
- Often Heard News
- Often Required Data