References in periodicals archive ?
Omiyage gift purchasing by Japanese travelers in the US.
Based on this survey I'd recommend you create omiyage tables with souvenirs grouped by price: under $10, $10 to $ 20 and $20+.
Omiyage is, thus, a representation of otherness that one brings home after a journey to another, often distant and/or mythical place.
Hawaiians call this practice omiyage (a Japanese word that literally means "bring back home').
This month, it's all about the omiyage to bring back from your next neighbor island business trip.
With the local tradition of omiyage, they buy by the dozen.
Over here, there's the cultural aspect of bringing food or omiyage when you visit clients or go to someone's house.
With a well-positioned product, Menehune Mac aligned itself with several of the largest Japanese tour companies, selling omiyage (gifts) to tourists before they left on their trip to Hawaii.
Culturally, maybe they have felt that it was important to bring omiyage back to friends and neighbors.
A lot of people have asked us to distribute the cookies around the state but this is one of the last omiyage you can get only on Kauai.
At least one retailer has noticed that the obligation to buy omiyage, or gifts for family, colleagues and friends, is no longer the driving reason behind Japanese shopping.
Legal browser ?
- Oleron laws
- Olmstead v. United States
- Olney, Richard
- Omissio eorum quae tacite insunt nihil operatur
- omission of a court
- omission of duty
- omission of obligation
- omission prohibited by law
- omit using
- omit what is due
- Omne actum ab intentione agentis est judicandum
- Omne crimen ebrietas et incendit et detegit
- Omne magis dignum trahit ad se minus dignum sit antiquius
- Omne magnum exemplum habet aliquid ex iniquio
- Omne majus continet in se minus
- Omne majus minus in se complecitur
- Omne sacramentum debet esse de certa scientia
- Omne testamentum morte consummatum est
- Omnia delicta in aperto leviora sunt
- Omnia performavit
- Omnia praesumuntur contra spoliatorem
- Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium
- Omnia praesumuntur rite esse acta
- Omnia praesumuntur solemniter esse acta
- Omnia quae sunt uxoris sunt ipsius viri
- omnibus clause
- Omnis actio est loquela
Full browser ?
- omit what is due
- Omitted dividend
- Omitted Dividends
- Omituisten Otusten Kerho
- Omizutori Matsuri
- Omkari Panwar
- Omladinska Inicijativa Centralne Bosne
- Omladinski Resursni Centar