Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In his youth Wash Williams had been called the best telegraph operator in the state, and in spite of his degradement to the obscure office at Winesburg, he was still proud of his ability.
Here and there a man re- spected the operator. Instinctively the man felt in him a glowing resentment of something he had not the courage to resent.
As I stood speculating upon our chances once we settled into the frightful Maelstrom beneath us and at the same time mentally computing the hours which must elapse before aid could reach us, the wireless operator clambered up the ladder to the bridge, and, disheveled and breathless, stood before me at salute.
There was no finer operator in Pan-America than he.
I'll find him through the operator. He can locate him, I guess.
"(1) No skilled operator is required, but direct communication may be had by speech without the intervention of a third person.
Elnathan took a pair of glittering forceps, and was in the act of applying them to the wound, when a sudden motion of the patient caused the shot to fall out of itself, The long arm and broad hand of the operator were now of singular service; for the latter expanded itself, and caught the lead, while at the same time an extremely ambiguous motion was made by its brother, so as to leave it doubtful to the spectators how great was its agency in releasing the shot, Richard, however, put the matter at rest by exclaiming:
This operator did his office after a different manner from those of his trade in Europe.
They were prepared for him to play, and, when heavy buying of Ward Valley began, it was quickly decided that he was the operator. Financial gossip buzzed and hummed.
We were regularly christened, but afterward, in the very act of tattooing us with small distinguishing marks, the operator lost his reckoning; and although I bear upon my forearm a small "H" and he bore a "J," it is by no means certain that the letters ought not to have been transposed.
She then stretched out her beautiful arm, and the operator began to prepare for his work.
submitted his head to the operator, and the operator went on talking; at the same time putting separate locks of his hair through a curious process of being smartly rolled over her two revolving forefingers, which were then suddenly pulled out of it in opposite lateral directions.
Legal browser ?
- opening of negotiations
- opening speeches
- opening statement
- operate jointly
- operating company
- operating expenses
- Operation of Law
- operational before
- operative with respect to the past
- operative words
- opinio praeiudicata
- Opinion Evidence
- Opinion of the Court of Appeals of Texas, Fourteenth District
- opinion of the jury
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of Alabama, August 30, 1962
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of Arizona, April 22, 1965
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of California, People v. Stewart
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, January 22, 1973
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, March 9, 1964
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, May 17, 1954
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, May 31, 1955
- Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court, June 13, 1966
- Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2003
- Opinion of U.S. District Court, N.D. Texas, June 17, 1970
Full browser ?
- Operator Workstation
- OPerator's computer for Decentralized ROBot Control
- operator's console
- Operator's Daily Check List
- Operator's Display Panel
- Operator's Instructions
- Operator's licence
- Operator's licence
- Operator's license
- Operator's license
- Operator's Maintenance Instructions
- Operator's Vehicle Equipment
- Operator's/Operation Manual
- Operator-assisted Pay-Per-View
- Operator-Initiated Lightpath Provisioning
- Operator-Machine Interface
- Operator-Robot Interaction
- Operator-to-General Support Maintenance
- Operator-To-Operator Message
- Operator/Operational Communications
- Operator/Organizational Maintenance
- Operatore Socio Sanitario
- Operatore Socio Sanitario con formazione Complementare
- Operatore Virtuale di Rete
- Operatori Sanitari di Diabetologia Italiani
- Operators Are Standing By
- Operators Clearing House
- Operators Extra Expense
- Operators Harmonization Group
- Operators Services Complex
- Operators Support Unit
- Operators Vehicle Maintenance
- Operazione Mato Grosso
- opercular fold
- opercular part