Owe money from a stop payment on a check

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: California

I put a "Stop Payment" on a check to a financial company that declared bankruptcy before the check was cashed. I notified them of my action but now they say that I owe them $50.00 for insufficient funds. Am I obligated to pay that money? I no longer have an account with them.


The bankruptcy estate still collects what is due but frankly it is not likely they will really try to collect...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.