Owe money to bank in overdraft charges, civil or criminal case?

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: New Jersey

I owe a bank 1000.00 in over draft charges and they have now mad a complaint about me is this a criminal cases or a civil case if it is criminal is there jail time


It normally is civil unless you were purposely writing bad checks.