Partial payments on bill

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Wisconsin

I was making payments on a medical bill, at $50 per month. Now, they say hat they will no longer accept my $50 payments, and that the minimum that they will accept is $150 for the next three months. Then. my payments will go to $288 p/month, until the bill is paid in full. otherwise they will send it to collections. We are re-gaining our good credit, and do not want this to go to collection, but we certainly cannot afford to pay either $150-288, per month. Could you tell me if they (a hospital) can do this?? I thought if you were attempting to pay a bill, they could not send it to collections.


They can do it--but you could file in small claims court against them and dispute a portion of the bill possibly--or threaten to do so anyway--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?