Partner moved out - now the other one can't afford utilties

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Pennsylvania

Help required for a friend. He had a lease with his same sex partner. Lease was in both names, but utilities were in partner's name. Partner has now moved out and cut all utilities off. Friend is still in house but can't afford to reconnect utilities. IS there anything he can do to either force ex partner to pay lease? Object against utilities being cut off without notice?


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to his behavior.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?