Problem with AT&T service

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Colorado

We ran into a problem with our AT&T wireless bill in January of 2003. They sent a bill stating that we owed$1200.00 just for the month of January. My husband was an over the road truck driver and that month was driving in the state of New York. He did not have a headset and there was no way he could have made the volume of calls they billed us for. It was around 4000 minutes and even though I disputed the bill for almost a month they refused to take off the charges. All of the people I spoke to reviewed our account, which we had had for almost four years, and said that it was unusual since we had never had such a bill before. When they would not do anything about it I tried to set up a payment plan and keep our account open. They refused anything except full payment. I was afraid at this point to pay anything because I really did not want to admit to owing the charge in the first place. We have not heard anything from them at all until two weeks ago when we got a letter from Palisades Collection saying they would accept 50% of the debt due by December 12, 2005. I have gotten information from an internet site that recommend that we don't pay it. What should I do?


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?