References in periodicals archive ?
The Huguenot literary figure Jean Rou, imprisoned in the Bastille during the mid-1670s, noted that the provincial Synod of the Ile-de-France had called for a fast on April 3, 1676, the Friday before Easter.
The provincial synod that assembled at Chatillon-sur-Loire announced a fast for early November 1657: Gers, 23015, 23 novembre 1601, 19 mai 1623, Archives Departementales du Gers, Auch.
105) As late as 1671, the provincial Synod admonished the Kampen church council to remain diligent in insisting that the civic government require Anabaptists to be married in the Reformed Church and, following the example of Zwolle, not to permit any Socinian Anabaptists to reside in the city.
In July 1600 the provincial Synod of Steenwijk decided to press their case once again in the provincial States, urging that the civil authorities should be made to prohibit Anabaptist conventicles from being held either in cities or in the countryside.
The appointment remains in place until an election is held at the next meeting of the provincial synod, scheduled in June, 2009.
By summarily expressing the opinion that it affirms the 'sanctity' of committed adult same-sex relationships," the bishops said, the synod appeared to pre-empt the work of the diocesan and provincial synods over the next three years.
These elections, in differing proportions, paid lip servic e to the rule of the order, the pronouncements of popes and councils, the dictates of provincial synods, and the customs of the convent and locale.
Sunshine's key sources for this book include early Protestant ecclesiastical histories, many (but not all) of the oldest consistory registers and decisions of provincial synods, and above all the conclusions of the eight national synods held between 1559 and 1572.
Perhaps, but the simple fact is that we know almost nothing about how many aristocratic churches, if any, operated outside the system of national and provincial synods.
appropriately discusses several important topics: patriarchates, provincial synods, ecumenical councils, conciliarism, French and German episcopalism, the nomination of bishops, and the establishment of dioceses.
The Canadian church would be better served if it abolished General Synod and worked only through provincial synods, said an observer at the provincial council meeting of the Ecclesiastical Province of Canada.
The Council of General Synod heard that" the task force on the role of the primacy wants to seek time in all four provincial synods where it can invite delegates to contribute their thoughts on what the role of a primate should be.
Legal browser ?
- provide the means
- provide the wherewithal
- provide with
- provide with a motive
- provide with an alibi
- provide with documents
- provide with information
- provide with nomenclature
- provide with proof
- Provided alcohol to underage
- provided with arms
- provided without charge
- providing evidence
- providing proof
- providing sanctuary
- Provincial synod
- proving the tenor
- provision for damages
- provision of the law
- provisional hypothesis
- provisional measure
- provisional order
- provisional remedy
- Provisional seizure
- provisional settlement
- provisions of a law
- Proviso est providere praesentia et futura
Full browser ?
- Provincial Physical Framework Plan
- Provincial Planning and Development Office
- provincial police
- Provincial Police Training Team
- Provincial Policy Statement
- Provincial Program Support Unit
- Provincial Programme Implementation Unit
- Provincial Project Coordination Unit
- Provincial Project Management Office
- Provincial Project Steering Committee
- Provincial Public Health Director
- Provincial Public Health Laboratory
- Provincial Reconnaissance Unit
- Provincial Reconstruction Development Committee
- Provincial reconstruction team
- Provincial Regional Emergency Operations Centre
- Provincial Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired
- Provincial Sales Tax
- Provincial Sanitation Task Team
- Provincial Science, Technology and Environment Office
- Provincial Sediment Quality Guidelines
- provincial series
- Provincial Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office
- Provincial Software Acquisition Program
- Provincial Spatial Development Framework
- Provincial Special Operations Group
- Provincial Sport Governing Body
- Provincial Sport Organization
- Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children
- Provincial synod
- Provincial Technical Working Group
- Provincial Telecommunication Authority
- Provincial Territorial Policy Advisory Committee on Codes
- Provincial Training Allowance
- Provincial Trunk Highway
- Provincial Vehicle Road Tax
- Provincial Veterinary Officer
- Provincial Water Protection Fund
- Provincial Water Quality Monitoring Network
- Provincial Water Quality Objectives
- Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit
- Provincial Women's Softball Association
- Provincial Youth Advisory Committee
- Provincial Youth Council
- Provincial Youth Event
- Provincial-Municipal Social Services Review
- Provincial/Territorial Committee on Building Standards
- Provincial/Territorial Policy Advisory Committee on Codes
- Provinciale Adviesraad Beeldende Kunst
- Provinciale Bibliotheek Centrale Utrecht
- Provinciale Commissie Buitenschoolse Opvang
- Provinciale Commissie Fysieke Leefomgeving
- Provinciale Handelsschool Hasselt
- Provinciale Industriële Hogeschool
- Provinciale Limburgse Electriciteits Maatschappij
- Provinciale Noordbrabantse Energie Maatschappij
- Provinciale Secundaire School Diepenbeek
- Provinciale Unie van Vrijwilligers
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Electriciteitsmaatschappij