References in periodicals archive ?
In those EU areas where QMV is possible, constructive negotiations are imperative.
(52) These articles demonstrate an embrace of the Community method, complete with Commission-driven initiative, co-decision with Parliament, QMV in the Council, and jurisdiction in the ECJ.
Moreover, as in the case with QMV, the institutions were important in coordinating policy, while the intergovernmental decision still dominated the decision-making.
Concerns about the Council of the European Union being overwhelmed with mundane business have led to a qualified majority vote (QMV) procedure being used with increased frequency.
Similarly, the definition of the QMV (qualified majority voting) threshold has been relatively constant over time: in all stages of EU membership, the quota or decision threshold for QMV was located at a level of about 71% of the total vote.
The passerelle clause (Article 48 of TEU) stipulates that a unanimous European Council may authorize the Council of the EU to consult with the Commission, European Parliament, and national parliaments on switching to Qualified Majority Voting (QMV) in matters that relate to internal policies or to general legislative procedures from special legislative ones.
Under a standard co-decision procedure with two readings, subject to QMV in the Council and simple majority in the European Parliament, the Commission's proposal is eventually adopted.
A QMV is a passenger auto, light truck or motorcycle with a gross vehicle weight rating of not more than 8,500 pounds, or a motor home of any weight.
The Treaty, in an effort to streamline its internal processes, would instead authorize decision-making on the basis of qualified majority voting (QMV)--a powerful tool that is already at the foundation of EU power in areas such as trade.
which would affect the operation of QMV (Qualified Majority Voting in the Council), is almost certainly a good idea.
(4.) Provision is made for decision-making by QMV to elaborate and implement policy or strategy already adopted by unanimity.
In today's secular world, QMV is used extensively, particularly for approval of constitutional amendments and referendums.
Legal browser ?
- Pure debt
- Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906
- Pure or simple obligation
- Pure plea
- Pure Speech
- putative father
- Putative marriage
- Putting in fear
- Putzel, Henry, Jr.
- Quadriennium utile
- Quae ab hostibus capiuntur
- Quae ad unum finem loquuta sunt; non debent ad alium detorqueri
- Quae cohaerent personae a persona separari nequeunt
- Quae communi legi derogant stricte interpretantur
- Quae contra rationem juris introducta sunt
- Quae est eadem
- Quae in auria acta sunt rite agi praesummuntur
- Quae in partes dividi nequeunt solida
- Quae incontinenti vel certo fiunt inesse videntur
- Quae inter alios acta sunt nemini nocere debent
- Quae malasunt inchoata in principio vex bono peragantur exitu
- Quae non valeant singula
- Quae praeter consuetudinem et morem majorum fiunt
- Quae rerum natura prohibentur
- Quaecumque intra rationem legis inveniuntur
- Quaelibet concessio fortissime contra donatorem interpretanda est
- Quaelibet jurisdictio cancellos suos habet
Full browser ?
- Qms Color Script
- Qms Management Information System