References in classic literature ?
George is becoming thoughtful, sitting before the fire in the whitewashed room, which has a sanded floor and a barrack smell and contains nothing superfluous and has not a visible speck of dirt or dust in it, from the faces of Quebec and Malta to the bright tin pots and pannikins upon the dresser shelves--Mr.
Proceeding to converse on indifferent matters, they walk up and down the little street, keeping step and time, until summoned by Quebec and Malta to do justice to the pork and greens, over which Mrs.
George, in his domestic character of Bluffy, to take leave of Quebec and Malta and insinuate a sponsorial shilling into the pocket of his godson with felicitations on his success in life, it is dark when Mr.
In the spring of the year, vast numbers of emigrants who have newly arrived from England or from Ireland, pass between Quebec and Montreal on their way to the backwoods and new settlements of Canada.
The vessel in which we returned from Quebec to Montreal was crowded with them, and at night they spread their beds between decks (those who had beds, at least), and slept so close and thick about our cabin door, that the passage to and fro was quite blocked up.
As to the principal partners, or agents, who resided in Montreal and Quebec, they formed a kind of commercial aristocracy, living in lordly and hospitable style.
The Quebec letters fly under their fingers and leap into the docketed racks, while both captains and Mr.
Lawrence (it is astonishing how the old water-ways still pull us children of the air), and followed his broad line of black between its drifting iceblocks, all down the Park that the wisdom of our fathers--but every one knows the Quebec run.
The clips parted with a gesture of indignant dismissal, as though Quebec, glittering under her snows, were casting out these light and unworthy lovers.
He rode his own horse, Greased Lightning, and won the Garrison cup at Quebec races.
He expressed this desire during a meeting with Premier of Quebec Francois Legault at his invitation to attend a reception on the National Day of Quebec province at Quebec city, a press release on Sunday said.
It exempts current government employees and civil servants in the mainly French-speaking province.Governments in Quebec have been trying for years to restrict civil servants from wearing overt religious symbols like headscarves and Jewish skullcaps at work in an effort to cement a secular society.
Legal browser ?
- Quasi Contract
- quasi corporation
- Quasi corporations
- Quasi delict
- quasi ex contractu
- quasi in rem
- Quasi in Rem Jurisdiction
- Quasi offences
- Quasi partners
- Quasi posthumous child
- Quasi purchase
- Quasi tradition
- Que est mesme
- Que estate
- Que obstruit aditum
- Que sentit commodum
- Quebec Civil Code
- Queen's Bench
- Queen's evidence
- Queen's proctor
- Quem admodum ad quaestionem facti non respondent judices
- Question about financing/ownership of car
- Question about paying bank
- Question of Fact
- Question of Law
- Question regarding copyright law
- Question regarding international contracts
- Questioning legality of job
- Questions about gift amounts
- Questions about rape
- Questions regarding school conduct
- Questor or quaestor
- Qui accusat integrae famae sit et non criminosus
- Qui adimit medium
- Qui aliquid staruerit parte inaudita altera
- Qui bene distinguit
- Qui bene interrogat
Full browser ?
- Québec (QC)
- Quebec Act, 1774
- Quebec Amateur Athletic Association
- Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network
- Quebec Asbestos Mining Association
- Quebec Association for Adult Learning
- Quebec Association of Building Inspectors
- Quebec Association of Convention Bureaus
- Quebec Association of Educators
- Quebec Association of Home Based Education
- Quebec Association of Independent Schools
- Quebec Association of Mathematics Teachers
- Quebec Association of School Administrators
- Quebec Back Pain Disability Questionnaire
- Quebec Back Pain Disability Scale
- Quebec Biotechnology Innovation Centre
- Quebec Bloc
- Quebec Board of Black Educators, Inc.
- Quebec Bridge
- Québec Bridge
- Quebec Building Envelope Council