Reassign judge

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: California

If assigned in a court with a very biased judge and your opponents father worked in city hall for 30 years, how do you get case reassigned? Can this be done ex prate and to where you will not have to be heard in front of that same judge any longer?


You or your lawyer can request a change--most judges know that they need to recuse themselves if a conflict even could be perceived...
References in periodicals archive ?
The White House announced last week that it would temporarily reassign judges to help expedite the removal of the immigrants breaching the Texas-Mexico border.