depression

(redirected from Respiratory depression)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Respiratory depression: respiratory failure, Respiratory Distress

depression

noun debasement, decline, deflation, depreciation, despondence, despondency, dispiritedness, dolefulness, economic decline, gloom, lowering, lowness, maeror, sinking, slump
Associated concepts: economic depression
See also: anguish, curtailment, decrease, distress, pessimism, prostration
References in periodicals archive ?
Concomitant use of opioids with benzodiazepines or other central nervous system (CNS) depressants, including alcohol, may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
"The risk for things like serious respiratory depression is probably less with kratom than it is with other opioids," Eggleston said.
"The cause of death in this matter is respiratory depression and this is because breathing is controlled from the brain," said Dr Zuriel.He added that the brain has been preserved for further examination to establish whether the swelling had been caused by the alleged intoxication by drugs.
However, the app was less adept at identifying respiratory depression (respiratory rate equal to or less than 7 breaths per minute): The investigators reported 87.2% sensitivity (95% CI, 74.2%-95.1%) and 89.3% specificity (95% CI, 76.9%-96.4%).
1 patient in group B had hypotension (Fall in systolic BP <20% of basal reading) and 2 patients in group B had respiratory depression (RR<10/min) which was not statistically significant (p> 0.05).
They are also more prone to respiratory depression, since the immature blood-brain barrier in neonates allows easy passage of morphine into the CNS.
The most common adverse events were dizziness (87.3%), vertigo (66.7%), sedation (74.6%), and respiratory depression (66.7%).
M2 EQUITYBITES-August 15, 2018-EarlySense reports detection of opioid-induced respiratory depression by EarlySense system
Global Banking News-August 15, 2018-EarlySense reports detection of opioid-induced respiratory depression by EarlySense system
Somnolence, lethargy, and/or respiratory depression were more commonly reported among non-fatal hydrocodone cases versus non-fatal codeine cases (86 versus 61 percent; P = 0.005).
Only 3 (2.6%) patients had respiratory depression while the other 111 (97.4%) had normal respiration.

Full browser ?