References in periodicals archive ?
During the final stage, sannyasa, one becomes a renunciate, free from worldly obligations.
Note, as well, his experience of sannyasa diksha and the eucharist in idem, The Further Shore (Delhi: ISPCK, 1984), pp.
The results of Marcaurelle's painstaking investigation can be stated succinctly: Sankara means at least three distinct things by "renunciation"--expressed by such terms as sannyasa, tyaga, nivrtti, uparati, etc.
Nevertheless, it is prescribed only for Brahmins possessed of the desire to attain liberation, who may undergo formal or informal sannyasa after any of the first three asramas.
6 Sankara even equates sannyasa with Brahman: the word brahman in the sloka, he suggests, "is the true sannyasa consisting in steadfastness in the supreme self.
26) Drawn to the mystical teachings of the Upanishads and the sannyasa ideal, Abhishiktananda sought, particularly during his years in solitude, to forge in his own life an interior synthesis of the upanishadic intuitions and the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.
The first would transmit to the candidate the initiation which he himself received, and would coopt him into that mystery of sannyasa which has been manifested throughout the centuries by innumerable mahatmas and sadhus .
The initiation of new members into ashramic life, known as Christian sannyasa diksa, is modeled after the Hindu monastic initiation rite.
According to the present ashram administrator, the following is the general pattern of the Christian sannyasa diksa observed at the Saccidananda Ashram.
To my knowledge, no one seems to have take sannyasa d iksa since Griffiths' death.
In response to Devananda's contention that sannyas cannot be given to a non-Hindu, Griffiths argued "that there is a sannyasa of the heart.
Legal browser ?
- sanctioned potency
- sanctum sanctorum
- Sane memory
- Sanford, Edward Terry
- Sang or sanc
- Sanger, Margaret Higgins
- sanguine expectation
- sanitary cordon
- Sans ceo que
- Sans nombre
- sans pareil
- Sans recours
- Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Company
- sap the strength of
- Sapiens incipit a fine
- Sapiens omnia agit cum consilio
- Sapientia legis nummario pretio non est aestemanda
- Sapientis judicis est cogitare tantum sibi esse permissum
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Sargent, John Garibaldi
Full browser ?
- Sanmilita Janagosthiya Sangram Samiti
- Sannazaro, Jacopo
- Sannazzaro, Jacopo
- Sannikov Land
- Sannikov Strait
- Sannikov, Grigorii
- Sannikov, Grigorii Aleksandrovich
- Sannikov, Iakov
- Sannikov, Konstantin
- Sannikov, Konstantin Nikolaevich
- Sanno Matsuri
- Sanofi Aventis
- Sanoma Hearst Romania
- Sanovo Environmental Solutions A/S
- Sanpete County
- Sanpete County, UT
- Sanpete County, Utah