Sent to prison, live-in took belongings

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Florida

I was sent to prison while a man was living with me. This man moved while I was still in prison taking all my belongings. He sometime returns a item or two but refuses to give me all my belongings. Is there anything legally that I can do to get my belongings back?


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney. You could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to his behavior. You could also file a police report for theft if need be.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.