Slander charge against newspaper?

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Oregon

I read my name in the news paper stating that i was being sued for breech of contract and transferring vehicle titles into my name. my brother signed the titles over for moneys that he owed me and I bought a boat from him also I have never had a contract with this person sueing me do i have a legal slander case against this person. I recieved the papers 2days later.


You normally cannot sue over statements in a court case--but you can ask the court to award damages for the filing of a false claim...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.