Small claims case, Washington

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Washington

I was planning on filing a small claims case against someone that lives in Seattle, WA. I have just learned that person was recently arrested and is being held at the SeaTac federal detention center. I believe she is being held on some drug charges. I was wondering if I can still file the claim and do I put her residence address or the address of the prison on the "Notice of small claim"? Also, I assume I would have the notice served at the prison location. Please advise what I should do in this situation. Also, how do I find out what they have been charged for and how long they will be held in prison.


You can try to use the prison address; the court may sometimes delay it until they are out...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.