Small claims suit over failure to pay

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I financed a computer through gateway. I ended up giving this computer to my niece and her husband, with the promise they would make the payments on it. It has been 5 years and I found out now that they stopped paying on this with a balance of $800 (from $2000) the bank has written this 800 off as a loss, but it is still on my credit report and I would like to sue them for this. Do I have a case?


Yes--Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.