Sold bedroom set and wasn't paid for it

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Colorado

I sold a bedroom set to an individual with the understanding she would send me the money for it since I was moving to another state due to a job transfer. It was stated the payment would be to me on the 20th of October. I have since been in contact with her and have been told the payment is on the way among other excuses. What legal action can I take to ensure payment and also what state would I need legal counsel in. Arizona or Colorado since the agreement started in Colorado.


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against her (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney. You could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to her behavior. You may need to file in the original state.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.