Son charged with possession of marijuana

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: New Jersey

my son was charged with less than 25 grams of marijuana possession he is 18yrs old he intends to plead guilty does he need a lawyer any other option?


Make sure you get counsel if possible (or at least the public defender) to try to keep this off the record eventually--jail time is probably not likely if his record is clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on the record will make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision etc.