Son needs free legal counsel while in jail

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: North Carolina

My son is incarcerated in prison because of drugs and needs a lawyer to try and get the right to have his daughter visit him (she is 5 years old) but doesn't have the means to pay. Can he get free legal counsel while incarcerated? If so, can you please tell me how so I can rely to him.


Yes in many caases he can--you may call the public defenders office and legal aid as a first step.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.